School Calendar (scroll over dates)
Bullying/Theft Report Form
Report bullying, threats, and theft by filling out the incident report form here.
PPT, Word, Excel Viewers [Go
Acrobat Reader [Go
DROPPING OFF ITEMS
Due to the high volume of items being dropped off in the school office for students, lunches, clothes, binders, books, etc., PLEASE have the student name on the item(s) and please inform your student to pick up the item(s) from the office.
The office staff appreciates it!
What's Happening at Peterson
Please read the Spring, 2017 Peterson Newsletter.
Don't miss Open House! Thursday, April 27.
- 6:30pm - 7:00pm, Cafeteria - Principal's Welcome, PTSA Honorary Service Awards
- 7:00pm - 7:20pm, Cafeteria - Incoming Student Welcome
- 6:00pm - 8:00pm, Small Gym - Social Studies Fair
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm, Classrooms Open
- 6:00pm - 8:30pm, Room A-4 - Scholastic Book Fair
- 6:00pm - 8:00pm, Quad - PTSA Bake Sale
PTSA Parent Ed: Middle School Parent Strategies
- Wednesday, May 3
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm, Peterson Library
- See the FLYER for more information
- Presented by Project Cornerstone
Peterson Middle School
NEWS / ANNOUNCEMENTS
Please join Peterson PTSA and Project Cornerstone on Wednesday, May 3, 7:00pm - 8:00pm in the Peterson Library for a workshop on middle school parent strategies. Please see the flyer for more information.
WHAT IS HEALTH??
The City of Santa Clara Challenge Team actively supports the well-being of children and families in Santa Clara by nurturing and facilitating valuable community relationships. Challenge Team is engaging Santa Clara youth in the 1st Annual Essay Contest by asking an important question: What does health mean to you?
Please see the attached flyer for essay contest details. The submission deadline is May 18, 2017.
8th Graders - Are you going to Wilcox next year?
Are you interested becoming a member of the Wilcox Cheer Team?
There is an Informational meeting, Wednesday, May 3rd at 3:00pm in the Wilcox Cafeteria. Tryout packets will be handed out at the meeting. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
Parents/Guardians: Spring fun photos taken in March were distributed to students.
- If you would like to keep some of the photos, please submit payment for the photo sheets that you keep in the envelope received with the photos, and turn it to the garbage can in the main office.
- If you do not want any of the photos, please return the entire envelope with photos enclosed to the main office.
- If you would like to order more photos, please go to the LIFETOUCH website.
- 8th Grade families: you may also order the panoramic photo on the LifeTouch website.
Synopsys Silicon Valley Science and Technology Championship has posted 2017 science fair winners!
Congratulations to the following Peterson students:
- Brian Chang (7th grade) received 2nd place award in Physical Science and Engineering Category, "A Numerical Solver for Finding the Distance a Ball Will Travel in Any Medium".
- Surya Tallavarjula (7th grade) received 2nd place award in Physical Science and Engineering Category, "Development of Blocking Disc Method to Water Plants and Trees Efficiently and to Reduce Water Usage".
- Malini Iyer (6th grade) received Honorable Mention in Physical Science and Engineering Category and 3rd Place Award ASM International, "The Effect of Viscosity on the Stability of Emulsions".
- Affanuddin Syed (6th grade) received Honorable Mention of American Society of Civil Engineers, "The Strongest Bridge of All".
All the participants did wonderful jobs. Way to go, Pirates!
Education Equity in SCUSD
The Governing Board of Santa Clara Unified School District is committed to equal opportunity for all individuals. The District prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation or association with a person or a group with one or more of these perceived or actual characteristics. The Board shall promote programs which ensure that discriminatory practices are eliminated in all acts related to school activity or school attendance within a school under the jurisdiction of the superintendent of the school district.
The District requires that school personnel take immediate steps to intervene when it is safe to do so and when he or she witnesses an act of discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying.
Spirit Week "Frozen"
This text will be replaced
"Christmas in the Park" December 2016 Glee Club
This text will be replaced
Mr. Asekomeh "Christmas in the Park" December 2016
This text will be replaced
FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH PROGRAM
We highly encourage you to pre-pay for your students meals online: Go to www.myschoolbucks.com and follow the simple prompts...just make sure that you have your students permanent I.D. number.
District Website for Child Nutrition Information:
Traffic Safety Dropping Off & Picking Up Outside Main Office at Peterson
MORNING DROP OFF – Buses are to stay in line with the parents and wait their turn to get into the parking lot. The safety of students, staff and parents comes before bus schedules. This arrangement has been mediated by the Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety. Please pull as far forward as you can.
AFTERNOON PICK UP – Parents often arrive early and beginning lining up to get their students which causes a backup on Rosalia. Buses and vehicles that want to pass through are allowed to go around the stopped cars and enter the parking lot. There are not staff and students at this time, and parents should be in their vehicles, so the safety issue is not there. Once the bell rings, buses and vehicles need to wait in line like everyone else until they reach the parking lot. The safety of the students, staff and parents comes back into play when the dismissal bell rings. Please pull as far forward as you can.
DO NOT PASS A CAR OR BUS WHEN STUDENTS ARE PRESENT. Wait your turn in line.
You may also drop off or pick up your child in the gym parking lot.
For more traffic safety around Peterson information, please see the Traffic Safety Letter from SVDP with map in the Parent Resources locker to the left, and the Traffic Safety page under the Our School page.
If you have questions or concerns about drop off or pick up, please contact Vice Principal Andy Masur.